Thursday 26 April 2007

Strange guests at night

It’s confirmed. There is a family (quite a large one) of crickets which decided to settle and reproduce in my room, just between the door and the wall. It’s been almost a week that every single night, I am waken up (normally around 3-4 am) by a very loud ‘beep beep’ that comes from an unidentified spot in the darkness. So every single night of the this week (including the last one) I wake up, try to grab my flash light in the complete dark and spend about 10-15 minutes to localize the noisy damned beast and hunt it. Last night I decided to commit a killing. And as the cricket was hiding in the little gap between the door and the floor I decided to kill it by suffocation, using the very powerful insect killer spray that I found at the local market. And I came to the conclusion that the guests are a family because a moment ago I just spotted some newborns trying to climb up the wall. Funny that in the list of all the trouble-causing animals I might have encountered in Sudan nobody advised me to include crickets…


(guess what is in the lizard's mouth??)

No comments: